I’m very pleased to announce that with the new year Highlight HEALTH 2.0 is now an HONcode accredited website.
All of the Highlight HEALTH Network websites are now HONcode accredited:
The Health On the Net (HON) Foundation is a non-profit international organization promoting and guiding the growing community of healthcare providers and consumers on the World Wide Web to sound, reliable health information and expertise through quality assessment and systematic and stringent peer review.
There are 8 principles of the HON Code of Conduct (HONcode):
- Authority – Indicate the qualifications of the author(s).
- Complementarity – Information should support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship, which is the desired means of contact.
- Privacy – Respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data submitted to the site by the visitor.
- Attribution – Cite the source(s) of published information, date and medical and health pages.
- Justifiability – The website must back up claims relating to benefits and performance.
- Transparency – Accessible presentation, accurate email contact of authors.
- Financial disclosure – Sponsorship should be transparent and funding sources identified.
- Advertising policy – Clearly distinguish advertising from editorial content.